Thursday, December 27, 2018

Lovecraft In December #27: Cool Air


Volume one of the Lovecraft Collection is probably my favorite(or at least most watched).

It features the amazing short film adaption of Cool Air by Bryan Moore and when I say it’s amazing, I mean it’s up there as one of the type of films I aspire to make. 

Jack Donner’s performance as Dr. Munoz is simply incredible and emotional. 

And it’s adapted near perfectly. Which is always one of my favorite aspects of a Lovecraft adaptation. 

The other shorts include one called An Imperfect Solution(based on a chapter of Herbert West: Re-Animator) and Nyarlathotep, both by Lovecraft media alum Christian Matzke. Both of these are also excellent independent short films done very well. Definitely two of my favorites. 

The last two shorts are The Hound and The Hapless Antiquarian by Anthony Penta. The Hound adaptation is again very very good and very faithfully adapted, however one small gripe I have is that the film goes on a little too long after the final line, but that’s nothing in the grand scheme of things. 

And the Hapless Antiquarian is a fun little Lovecraft/Edward Gorey alphabet mash-up that’s a great joy to watch. 

This collection definitely features some of the best Lovecraft short films out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment